5th Generation CoolSET™ –
high efficiency, integrated power stage IC
Infineon’s CoolSET™ offer high performance with the integration of latest 700/800V CoolMOS™ P7 power MOSFETs and provide the auxiliary SMPS full system solution, ideal for home appliances.
With Infineon and Avnet Silica as your partner, you will be able to focus on the functionality which distinguishes your major home appliance designs without worrying about the need to develop complex power supplies. Read more about Infineon’s integrated solutions for embedded power and lighting in major home applications.
CoolSET™ is available in both through-hole and SMD packages and thereby eliminates the need of heatsink and reduces BOM count with a small footprint. In addition to the typical output protection such as output short, overload and over-voltage protection, the 5th generation controller is incorporating additional protections to detect abnormal line input conditions such as over-voltage and under-voltage protection.
• Integrated 700 V and 800 V superjunction MOSFET with avalanche capability
• Comprehensive suite of protection which include input OVP, brown in/out, pin short to GND and OTP with hysteresis
• Innovative quasi-resonant switching scheme to minimize frequency spread under different line input conditions
• High efficiency with latest CoolMOS™ P7 family and quasi-resonant switching scheme
• Auto-restart recovery scheme to minimize interruption to system operation
• Extensive protection coverage to increase system robustness
• Rapid start-up performance with cascode configuration
Win a free demo boards
Evaluate the performance of the 5th generation quasi-resonant CoolSET™ ICE5QR2270AZ and its ease of use in off-line switched mode power supply (SMPS) with Infineon’s 24 W 12 V power supply demo board. Your design needs lower voltage? Then go for Infineon’s 15 W 12 V and 5 V power supply demo board which hosts another 5th generation quasi-resonant CoolSET™ – the ICE5QR4770AG.